BOARD MEETING AGENDA
UW Bothell, North Creek Events Center
November 17, 2011
Welcome and Introductions
- Ethelda Burke, HECB Chair
- Kenyon Chan, Chancellor, University of Washington, Bothell
Discussion and Recommendation:
Master plan discussion panel members:
- Charlie Earl, Executive Director, State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Mike Reilly, Executive Director, Council of Presidents
- Kathe Taylor, Policy Director, State Board of Education
- Chris Thompson, Director of Government and Public Relations, Independent Colleges of Washington
Following this discussion, the Board will be asked to approve Resolution 11-24, recommending adoption of the strategic master plan update.
Information and Action Items:
Passport to College Executive Summary - Draft Resolution 11-25
Passport to College Promise Scholarship Report
Rachelle Sharpe, Director of Student Financial Assistance, will be joined by
campus and non-profit organization student support managers and service providers:
- Kristi Jewell, Education Support Program Manager, Centralia College
- Colleen Montoya-Barbano, Fostering Scholars Program Director, Seattle University
- Lisa Predovich, Program Officer, College and Alumni Services, College Success Foundation
Betty Lochner, Director, providing update on the GET program and its future outlook.
Public Comment: Sign-in sheet provided for public comment on any of the agenda items.
Note: On November 16, from 4:30-6:30 p.m., the Board will hold a work session
at the UW Bothell campus.