College Goal Washington
College Goal Washington is part of a national program that helps students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the form required to apply for federal financial assistance for higher education. The Washington Student Achievement Council, in partnership with USA Funds, is the lead agency in administering the College Goal Washington campaign.
College Goal Washington aims to reduce the barriers students face in paying for college. This annual event takes place at numerous locations statewide. College Goal Washington is an entirely volunteer-driven event.
Annual events take place in January and February. Attendees receive assistance on completing an initial FAFSA submission and guidance on next steps in the financial aid application process. At College Goal Washington events, students and families can utilize the expertise of financial aid counselors through the FAFSA filing process.
The goals of the program are the following:
- Increase the number of students that complete the FAFSA.
- Ensure College Bound scholars file by the February 1 priority deadline.
- Provide information on the entire federal financial aid process.
- Connect with other state college access campaigns.
- Provide students with information on TheWashboard.
For more information about the national events, please follow this link.