Roadmap implementation and increasing access to postsecondary education on Council's agenda - April 18, 2014
Olympia—On April 24, the Washington Student Achievement Council will meet to discuss how recent efforts to increase access to postsecondary education may be incorporated into implementation of the Roadmap. Keep reading.
ReadySetGrad.org nominated for "Best Education Website" in the 18th Annual Webby Awards - April 18, 2014
Olympia—ReadySetGrad.org - Washington State's comprehensive career and college readiness website for 6th grade through continuing education students, their families, and educators - is nominated for the "Best Education Website" Webby Award. Hailed as the "Internet's highest honor" by The New York Times, the Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. Keep reading.
High school seniors receive Washington's highest academic honor - April 15, 2014
Olympia—The Washington Student Achievement Council and Association of Washington School Prinicipals (AWSP) announced the names of 196 high school seniors recognized as Washington Scholars or Washington Scholar Alternates for their outstanding accomplishments. The Washington Scholars recognition award represents the highest academic honor conferred by the State of Washington and is awarded to sutdents who demonstrate the educational excellence and civic commitment so vital to the future of our state. Keep reading.
Governor Inslee Signs Bill Endorsing Roadmap Education Goals for 2023 - April 3, 2014
Olympia—Washington is one important step closer to increasing educational attainment for students and workers. Today, Governor Inslee signed ESHB 2626, which acknowledges and endorses the planning targets proposed by the Washington Student Achievement Council in its Ten-Year Roadmap Report. Keep reading.
Calling all "dreamers" - application for state financial aid now available - March 31, 2014
Olympia—The Washington Application for State Financial Aid, or the WASFA, is now available for undocumented students to apply for State Need Grant funds. The application can be accessed at ReadySetGrad.org/WASFA, and students should submit it as soon as possible. Keep reading.
Council Begins Roadmap Implementation - January 30, 2014
Olympia—On February 3, the Council will receive its first update on implementation of Roadmap recommendations. The 2013 Roadmap Report, a plan to increase educational attainment in Washington, was submitted to the Legislature and Governor in December 2013. The report set two statewide attainment goals and recommended 12 strategies to achieve these goals by 2023. Keep reading.
- Washington Student Achievement Council Continues Work to Increase Attainment
- Washington Student Achievement Council Welcomes New Student Member
- The Washington Student Achievement Council Selects New Officers
- The Washington Student Achievement Council Sets Sights on Increased Access to Higher Education
- Washington Student Achievement Council Continues Focus on Improving Education Outcomes for Washington Students
- Governor to Address Student Achievement Council at May 23 Meeting
- Student Achievement Council to Meet March 26 at St. Martin’s in Lacey
- High School Graduation Rates Soar for Students Enrolled in Washington College Bound Scholarship Program
- Student Achievement Council to hold Jan. 23 meeting in Des Moines