Rules and WACs
Council Rule-Making and WACs
The Washington State Legislature is responsible for making laws, formally known as the Revised Code of Washington (RCW). The laws often require agencies to do something new or to change the way something is done. Agencies then develop processes and procedures for putting those laws into action. These processes and procedures are known as rules and are codified in the Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
At the Washington Student Achievement Council, most WACs focus on financial aid program management or authorization of institutions and degree programs.
- Current WACs (Title 250)
- Washington State Register
- Rule-Making Archive (WSAC)
- Rule-Making Archive (HECB)
This page is provided in accordance with the requirements of RCW 34.05.270.
Current Council Rule-Making Activity
- Proposed rule changes re: RCW 28B.85.020: Non-Exempt Degree-Granting Institutions (CR-101).
- Creation of rules for the new Teacher Shortage Conditional Grant Program (CR-101).
- Creation of rules for the new Student Teaching Residency Grant Program (CR-101).
- Proposed rule changes for WAC 250-25: Health Professional Loan Repayment and Scholarship Program (CR-101).
- Proposed rule changes for WAC 250-18: Residency Status for Higher Education (see 2017 Issue #01 of the Washington State Register).