Dual Credit Workgroup
The Dual Credit Workgroup met from spring through fall of 2014 to streamline and expand opportunities for high school students to earn college credits.
Recommend policy or legislative language to create a dual-enrollment/dual-credit system meeting the criteria described in the Roadmap:
- Provide clear information about each option in ways that empower high school students to choose the option best suited to their goals and schedules.
- Provide low-cost options for high school students and their families.
- Ensure adequate funding for high schools and postsecondary institutions to maintain high-quality options.
- Increase the availability of all options to more high school students.
- Streamline processes for obtaining postsecondary credit.
- Increase high school student enrollment in dual credit courses.
- Increase the amount of college credit awarded to high school students.
- Increase diversity in the student enrollment in dual credit courses to reflect local demographics.
For more information, visit the Dual Credit Workgroup Wiki.